Hello & Bienvenidos
I am a Ph.D. candidate specializing in Apparel and Textiles at Kansas State University. I am fascinated by the relationships between people and fashion products. I wanted to be a fashion designer since I was 8 years old, and somewhere along the way, I learned that I don’t really care about having my ideas in the spotlight. I care about how clothing – whether wearing or making it – creates emotion, connections, and actions. I’ve been enamored with this idea for as long as I remember and now I’m lucky enough to be able to learn how to do the research myself in Manhattan, Kansas.
At heart I am a teacher. I still love fashion design – heck being a product developer pays for my research trips – but I love helping others learn to fall in love with fashion (in a really good sustainable way) even more.
(1) I am a learner. I love to learn, and love to help others learn.
(2) In my mind, the future cannot have apparel and textiles without the pursuit of sustainability.
(3) My research, luckily, is based in the Solola, Guatemala.
(4) I have a beautiful husband and a shaggy poodle-heeler named Wiley.
(5) I’m always open to a good chat. Feel free to email me about anything sociocultural, sustainable, Guatemalan, and fashion related.
Want to learn more? Subscribe to my monthly email focused on sustainable fashion in Manhattan, KS.