Hello, Bienvenidos, & Saqari
I am a recent graduate from the Human Ecology – Apparel and Textiles doctorate program at Kansas State University. My dissertation “Made in San Pedro: The Production of Dress and Meaning in a Tz’utujil – Maya Municipality” will be available on ProQuest in English and Spanish soon. Please email for a copy.
My scholarship focuses on the relationship between people and fashion products, with the intention of best understanding sustainable and unsustainable behaviors. My background is in fashion design and I occasionally work as a product developer. I work to stay active as a maker, but my heart is in teaching and research. I care about how clothing – whether wearing or making it – creates emotion, connection, and actions.
(1) I am a learner. I love to learn, and love to help others learn.
(2) In my mind, the future cannot have apparel and textiles without the pursuit of sustainability.
(3) My research, luckily, is based in the Solola, Guatemala.
(4) I have a beautiful husband and a shaggy poodle-heeler named Wiley.
(5) I’m always open to a good chat. Feel free to email me about anything sociocultural, sustainable, Guatemalan, and fashion related.